India Bordering Countries
There are 6 Bordering countries of India. These are – Pakistan, China, Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh and Myanmar. The present line of control in Jammu and Kashmir touches with Pak Occupied Kashmir and not the actual Pakistan border. The lowest naval distance between India and Sri Lanka from Dhanushkodi of India to Thalai Mannar of Sri Lanka is just 30 Km along the Adam’s Bridge. Some Geography experts consider India to be connected to Sri Lanka with land border at Adam’s Bridge and the length of land border between India and Sri Lanka to be 100 mt. While there are some experts also which consider Sri Lanka to be separated from India by sea, hence do not consider as land bordering country to India.
Indian States at the Bordering Countries
- States Bordering Pakistan – Jammu and Kashmir, Punjab, Rajasthan, Gujarat.
- States Bordering China – Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh
- States Bordering Nepal – Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Sikkim, West Bengal
- States Bordering Bhutan – Sikkim, West Bengal, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh
- States Bordering Bangladesh – West Bengal, Assam, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Tripura
- States Bordering Myanmar – Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram
Quick Facts About Bordering Countries of India
- Country with Longest border line with India – Bangladesh
- Country with Smallest border line with India – Afghanistan (Only officially. In actual Afghan border is covered by Pak occupied Kashmir)
- Indian State with Longest International Border line – Rajasthan
- Indian State with smallest international border line – Sikkim
- Indian State with maximum number of International Borders – Arunachal Pradesh
- Indian state with longest coastal line – Gujrat