Indian State which has maximum neighbouring states
The article explains about border of different states, bordering/neighbouring states of different states, Indian states which lie on international border.
Indian state which has maximum neighbouring states (9* States)
- Uttar Pradesh is only Indian state which has maximum number of neighbouring states. Uttar Pradesh share borders with 9 different states.
- Neighbouring States of Uttar Pradesh – Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh in northwest, Delhi, Haryana and Rajasthan in west, Madhya Pradesh in south, Chhattisgarh in southeast, Bihar and Jharkhand in east.
- * Delhi for the sake of convinience is taken here as state, although presently Delhi is neither a full fledged state nor a Union territory. It is called as National Capital Territory of Delhi. Although as per 69th constitutional amendment, status of Delhi was elevated from Union Territory closely to a state according to which the formation of government by electoral system, election of Chief Minister are some aspects.
- If Delhi is not taken to account then number of bordering states of Uttar Pradesh will become 8.
Indian State which has second largest number of neighbouring states (7 states)
- Assam bordering states – West Bengal in west, Arunachal Pradesh in northeast, Nagaland and Manipur in east, Mizoram, Tripura and Meghalaya in south.
- Chhattisgarh neighbouring states – Uttar Pradesh in north, Jharkhand in northeast, Odisha in east, Telangana in southwest, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh in west and Andhra Pradesh in south.
Indian State with 6 neighbouring states
- Maharashtra shares border with – Gujarat in northwest, Madhya Pradesh in north, Chhattisgarh in east, Telangana in southeast, Karnataka and Goa in south.
- Karnataka neighbouring states – Goa in west, Maharashtra in northwest, Telangana in northeast, Andhra Pradesh in east, Tamil Nadu in southeast and Kerala in southwest.
Indian states with 5 neighbouring states
Andhra Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Jharkhand and Rajasthan are four Indian states which has 5 neighbouring states.
- Andhra Pradesh neighbouring states – Chhattisgarh and Odisha in north, Telangana in northwest, Karnataka in west and Tamil Nadu in south.
- Madhya Pradesh borders with – Uttar Pradesh in north, Rajasthan in northwest, Gujarat in west, Maharashtra in south and Chhattisgarh in east.
- Jharkhand neighbouring states – Bihar in north, West Bengal in east, Odisha in south, Chhattisgarh in southwest and Uttar Pradesh in northwest.
- Rajasthan bordering states – Punjab and Haryana in north, Uttar Pradesh in east, Madhya Pradesh in southeast and Gujarat in south.
Indian State with 4 bordering states
- Telangana neighbouring states are – Maharashtra in north, Chhattisgarh in east, Andhra Pradesh in south, Karnataka in southwest.
- Odisha neighbouring state are – Jharkhand and West Bengal in north, Chhattisgarh in west and Andhra Pradesh in south.
Indian States with only one neighbouring State