Quick Rare Known Amazing Facts About India
There are various things which are quite unique to India. List of all rare known amazing facts about India are enlisted as follows –
Amazing Facts about India Ancient
- The oldest name of India is Jambudweep.
- The other older names of Ancient India are –
- Aryavrat (the place where Arya settled ie typically the North India).
- Bharatvarsha according to Vishnu Puran.
- Nabhivarsha according to Bhagwat Puran.
- Tianzhu meaning heavenly center according to Chinese Tang Dynasty.
- Tenjiku is the Japanese name of Pre Modern India.
- Hodu is the Bibilical Hebrew name of Ancient India. This name is also mentioned in Book of Esther, Jewish Tankh and Christian old testament.
- The Indus Valley civilization is one of the oldest known civilizations of the world which is contemporary to Mesopotamia, Ancient Egyptian, Mayan, Ancient Greek civilizations.
Amazing Facts about India Present
- The constitutional name of India is Sovereign Socialist Secular Democratic Republic of India (Samprabhuta Sampann Samajwadi Loktantrik Gadtantra Dharmnirpeksha Bharat)
- The Tropic of cancer bisects India into two roughly equal parts. This line passes through 8 Indian States – Gujarat, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Chattisgarh, Jharkhand, West Bengal, Tripura and Mizoram.
- After Hindi, Bengali is the second most spoken langauge of India. It is also the official language of West Begal and Bangladesh.
- The only person in world who wrote National Anthems of three countries – Ravinranath Tagore (His poems were selected as National Anthems for India, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka. Sri Lankan Anthem was translated from Bengali to Sinhalese by his pupil Ananda Samarkoon ). He was also the first Non-European who got Nobel Prize in Literature.
- Four religions Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism and Sikhism originated from this land.
- GDP of India (Year 2015) is the Third Highest in Asia (First and Second are China and Japan). GDP PPP (Purchasing power Parity) of India is second just after China among Asian Countries.
- GDP of India is seventh highest (Year 2015) in whole world. GDP (PPP) ranking of India is third in whole world (First being China, second USA).
- Available land suitable for agriculture in India is 15,35,063 Sq Km (51.6 % of total area). India stands at second position in total available land for agriculture. First is United States with agriculture land area of 16,69,302 Sq Km.
- India has highest number of Post Offices in world.
- Indian Railways is the biggest Employer of the world.
- Varanasi is the continuously inhabited oldest city of the world.
- India has the largest number of cattle inventory followed by Brazil and China. India is also the biggest milk producer in the world.
- India shares one of the longest international boundary line with Bangladesh. The boundary line between India and Bangladesh is 5th longest boundary of the world.
- The highest battle field of world – “Siachen” is owned by India.
- India is top most producer of Mango, Banana, Guava, Lemons, Dry beans, pulses, gram, chili pepper etc.